Friday, May 16, 2008

Hadlish Computer Building Tip

Bamboo skewers.

Seriously. I think I would have gone bald with frustration had I not had bamboo skewers this evening. We kinda screwed up by not realizing that the frame for the heat sink should have been attached to the motherboard BEFORE mounting the motherboard in the computer. So, thanks to the bamboo skewers we were able to line up the holes and then RAISE the back piece of the frame in order to attach it properly.

Not only that, but the skewers came in handy to use for an extra little push when trying to remove the metal pieces from the slots in the back. Yeah, I don't know what those pieces are called, sue me.

But hey, I built my own computer tonight with just a little help and guidance from C. Now tomorrow we'll be testing the plug and pray part of the build!

1 comment:

Lifeofpiggys said...

completely confused by this post...son't know anything about computers and even less about skwers!