Friday, April 25, 2008

Well I did it...

Waaaaaaaaaay back in 1996 or 97 I took one class of Tae Kwon Do. Yup, one. I felt like a stuffed sausage in the uniform I was given. So I quit.

Tonight, after 3 weeks of tough practice, I tested up 2 belts; white with black stripe and white with yellow stripe.

Yay me!

Unfortunately I didn't come through totally unscathed, I think I bruised up my pinky rather well from breaking boards. That's ok though... hubby pulled a hammy and Bud was super frustrated. Kitty did so well, earning a medal for stretching.

The race is now on. All four of us are the same belt now and we have a deal that the first person to earn his or her black belt gets $100. I'm thinking it might go to a technicality if we all test for black at the same time, but we'll see.

Good job all!!

1 comment:

Lifeofpiggys said...

Well done to all of you. It has started here for us as well though in swimming. Stephen has moved up two levels in three weeks. Tom is doing well too and his strokes are improving. Callum as he is the youngest in all the lessons is still pouring water over his head with a watering can...he thinks this is very funny!