Friday, February 29, 2008

Driving with Taxis

Yes, it's 3 am. No, I'm not imagining it.

Have you ever noticed that there are a ton of taxis on the road in the 2 o'clock hour? Of course not, you're at home asleep where I should have been this morning. Instead I was on my way to work to solve a problem. Fun. Joy. Rapture! Yeah, uh-huh.

So, in honor of my early morning travels I thought I would regale you of the thoughts I was thinking while driving with taxis...

"This sucks"
"Ok, good... that's not where I thought the construction slow down would be starting today."
"Wow, I'm surrounded by taxis."
"I should blog about this/"
"Why are you slowing down? The cop is stationary in the middle of the street, he's not pulling you over."
"Wouldn't it suck if I forgot my keys?"
"That would be a cool name for a blog."
~at this point work ensues... I won't bore you with those thoughts~
"I am the great Skippito... I fear not a single bandito... My manners are mellow... I'm smooth like the Jell-o... I get the job done, yes indeed-o... thank you Skippyjon Jones."
"Don't hit the curb, don't hit the curb." (I feel the need to explain here... I was driving backwards to get out of a parking area.)
"Maybe I'll just do a post on cool blog names... naw."
"Ooh, I like this song..."
"Ahhh... Stegamonster... what a dream for a 12 year old." (Again the need to explain that the song brought about memories of a crush way way back in the 80's.)
"Crap, forgot to call to let C know I was on my way home. But I don't want to wake up the sickie on the couch."
"Wonder if the gate is open...Yay!"
"Ok, time for bed. But I'll blog this first."

2 comments:

Huni said...

sister n's comment here...

Huni said...

sorry for the removal... I'm trying to keep this as non-identifying as possible and have been trying to not use names.

but yep, you are oh-so-right