And to celebrate this day of fine occassions, I thought I'd post some lyrics that make me giggle, or even just make me want to tap my foot and dance. (And I have to mention that people driving down the street must think I'm looney while I wait for the bus)
These are songs sung by Wylde Nept and so I'll put this little disclaimer from their website: The rights for all original lyrics and mistranslations are held by Wylde Nept.
©2006, Wylde Nept; All rights reserved
Maids When You're Young
He’s got no fa-lurum fa-liddle fa-lurum, he’s got no fa-lurum fa-liddle fa-ley
he’s got no fa-lurum, he’s lost his ding-durum,
so maids when you’re young never wed an old man.
Beer beer beer
HE! Must have been an admiral, a sultan, or a king!
And to praises we shall always sing!
Look what he has done for us, he’s filled us up with cheer!
Lord bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented
Beer, beer, beer tiddley beer, beer, beer.
Tiddley Beer, beer, beer, tiddley beer, beer, beer,
Lord Bless Charlie Mops!
Big Strong Man
He’s got an arm like a leg (lady’s leg)
And a punch that would sink a battle-ship (big ship)
It takes all the navy in the west, to knock the wind from Sylvest (take the bra off Mae West)
and finally, Bewitching Brenda
I told me mother that I loved Brenda, and she fainted in her mulligan stew,
Papa sent for Father O’Kelly and the nuns at the convent too.
My brother said, “You’re goin’ ta hell, where you’ll burn and you’ll blister.”
Then he took me aside and he smiled wide and said, “Tell me, has she a sister?”
Ok, one more thing... leave it to the Irish to have happy-happy music to really depressing lyrics (none posted here). Gotta love 'em
No comments:
Post a Comment