Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday morning procrastination ramblings

Awhile back my brother said something about his coocoo-clock being the defining thing in his house that makes it their home. At the time I wasn't sure what it was and the kids said something weird about the ceiling fan.

Well, we have a home-defining item. It's not a coocoo-clock, not a plant, not a toy, not even a family heirloom from generations past. No, it's the rainbow fish. The stuffed paper art project that Kitty made in Preschool that's been hanging from our ceiling since the day she brought it home.

I realized this last night, this was going to be the item that makes our house our home. Little did I realize that the kids each on their own expressed concern to Daddio about making sure we were taking rainbow fish with us.

The other thing I wanted to mention was that Buddy sure does have an imagination. Last night he named the vacuums. The ShopVac is "Pig" and the Dyson is "Praying Mantis." For the life of me I couldn't understand what he meant all evening when he was saying he wanted to push Pig around. Gotta love this kid.

No comments: