I haven't been real good about keeping up over here lately, so I thought I'd repost some stuff that I've blogged about over on the sparkpeople site. (There's a link to the right if you want to go and see). Life just keeps going. Nothing new from the kiddos that has been fun and exciting to report. M is excited already for 2nd grade and I can't believe that A will be headed toward Kindergarten this year. Not sure yet if he'll be in full or half-day, but that's mostly because we didn't have a preference. The school is quickly coming to know that we're pretty open to scheduling, but they sure as heck better not misplace my children! (hehe)
-----------
Relaxing and other brain wanderings
I have to say that this weekend has been wonderful so far. The days seem long enough to just lounge around and relax. I got a nap in today (not in my sunbeam, but oh well) and both yesterday and today we got out of the house and went to the park and the HS to do some exercise. I wish it wasn't getting so hot now. One reason I'd love to get back to the NW is for the summers. Yeah, we could do outside activities in the winter here, but why would you want to do outside activities in the evenings when it's dark out?
Been on a weird somethingorother today. Been doing the carb thing. I just had some baja chipotle steak for dinner and was really weird about going into my calorie range. Have about 300 cals left before topping out, but I feel weird about eating any more. Maybe it's because I made peanut-chocolate chip-oatmeal cookies yesterday and had two. Maybe it was the popcorn with cheese sprinkles I had after lunch. Maybe I just feel like a big ol pig and shouldn't eat any more. Maybe it's because I haven't had any fruits or veggies today because I need to go to the store but can't until Monday. Blech. Or maybe it's because I'm }{ this close to my next goal that I don't want to ruin it and feel guilty for carbing out. Yeah, that's probably it.
I'm closely getting to the point in my last attempt to lose weight where I quit and started gaining again. Is it a psychological thing? Am I afraid to be under 200 pounds? I wouldn't think so, but who knows. Maybe I'm afraid of failing that I just stop trying. Again, who knows... just things that happen to pop into my brain now and again.
I think once I hit 205 my next goal will be 199. But we'll see if I can do this.
Ok, enough of this... maybe it's time to take a nice warm bath and read a good book.
-----------
First day of summer
I think we're going to have a family day today. We've been making plans to blow bubbles, go birdwatching, do some sidewalk chalking, making a special breakfast, playing games, having steak and shrimp for dinner, having a drawing party. It should be a fun day. Though we have asked the kiddos to clean up the sty that they have made of their rooms.
In other news... the mosquitos are back. Ants have already attacked my ankles (silly to put an ant hill at the bus stop!) and now I have to contend with the mosquitos at work. My left shoulder has 5 that I can count. Ugh. I think I need more garlic. Oh! just found 2 more... ugh this is going to be miserable.
-----------
3 more to go!
The scale graced me with another drop this morning so I only have around 3 pounds to go until my goal. I'd like to hit 205 by the end of the month, so it'll be close I imagine.
Starting to see a difference in my clothes, in my face, in my bras. Starting to think about what I'd like to do for myself when I hit 199. Can't really think of anything specific right now that would be within budget restraints.
No comments:
Post a Comment