Sunday, January 21, 2007

Homesick

It rained today. I had visions of being at home with an old James Garner movie on channel 12 and eating a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. Of bundling up on the couch and renting movies after a walk (or run) from the corner movie store. Of relaxing and not having to worry about what I have to do or where I have to be tomorrow.

Maybe it's just this time of year, or maybe it's that I am unhappy with my current work situation, but boy, I sure got hit with the homesick bat this weekend.

Yes, I know that "home" means cold winters, driving on ice & snow, and that you can "never go home" because things just won't be the same. But really, I don't care about all of that.

Yes, I do have visions of a perfect life that I'm bound to never achieve, but you know, being there would be one step closer to those visions.

I want to be able to enjoy the summer evenings. I want to smell the lilacs. I want to watch it snow and then go play in it with the kids. I want to be closer to my family and have them over for cards or dinner or whatever. I want to run through the leaves in the fall and enjoy 4 distinct seasons.

Ok, I'm a whiner. Blech... maybe I should dream a little less and focus on the present a bit more.

No comments: