Monday night I came home from work and noticed that there were little paper hearts on the floor. Didn't think anything of it, just that M had made some and must have been decorating. Tuesday morning I wake up and the first thing I hear from M is that I have a surprise.
M: Mama, you have a heart trail. Here's your heart pocket. (Shows me a heart-shaped paper pocket I didn't see by the door)
Me: Oh sweetie, thank you! (I start to pick up the hearts as both M & A show me where they are.)
M: I made you a charm bracelet mama.
The hearts were in a trail from the front door to her cubbies in her bedroom. On top of the cubbies was one of her charm bracelets completely filled with charms. I almost cried.
I would never have imagined after how tough her first few years were that she would be such a wonderful and loving little girl. She really makes my heart smile when the rest of the world is stressing me out.
1 comment:
Isn't it great when the kids start to grow up. Tom told me he needed pocket money to buy me a valentine card because he loves me! Only hope this continues to the teen years!
Post a Comment